As a parent, not only do you want the best for your child, you want your child to be the best! Every child is born with innate potential, and it is up to parents and teachers to unleash this potential so that the child can achieve his/her best in life.
In India, where there is undue emphasis on education and academic achievements, there’s a real need for creative and stimulating activities that facilitate children’s all-round growth and development from an early age.
Few parents know that embroidery and thread craft is one activity that can develop an amazing number of faculties – both physical and mental – in their child.
- Embroidery is a fine craft, requiring constant hand-eye coordination and repetitive hand movements. As such, it helps improve children’s cognitive and motor abilities by developing their visual, manual, and mental dexterity.
- Due to the ambidextrous nature of embroidery, children develop lateral thinking abilities.
- Starting and completing an embroidery project requires planning and organization of materials and time, which enables children to acquire the critical skills of time and resource planning and management – a much-needed quality in today’s competitive world.
- Learning embroidery and rectifying mistakes enhances problem-solving and decision-making capabilities in children.
- In the world of instant gratification, embroidery teaches children that activities done with patience and discipline can be greatly rewarding. Children gain a sense of pride and confidence from being recognized for accomplishing a skill-based task like embroidery.
- Embroidery is also an artistic activity, and helps develop children’s understanding of art, design, patterns, and colors.
- Children involved in embroidery develop social skills as well, as they interact and share ideas with other children or their craft teachers.
- Embroidery develops children’s creativity and ingenuity, giving them the confidence to tackle other do-it-yourself (DIY) projects.
The skills and abilities developed in children because of embroidery transfer to other areas of life, regardless of gender. Scientific studies have shown that children who participate in thread craft are more likely to be recognized for academic achievement, to participate in extracurricular activities, to be avid readers, and to perform community service.
In short, indulging in embroidery brings about the all-round and enhanced development of the child. So don’t wait. Expose your child to the exciting world of ANCHOR today by Madura Coats – Anchor stitch kits, Thread Magic kits & Anchor Fun Craftz Kits.
Enroll your child right away for an embroidery project or workshop. You will be pleasantly surprised with the results!
Reach us : email@example.com or call at 8971213900 to know more.